Comment on page
Learn how to configure alerts in Nightfall for Zendesk
Nightfall sends alerts in real-time to the channels or platforms you configure. You can configure the following alerts:
- Slack Alerts
- Email Alerts
- Jira Tickets
The Nightfall for Zendesk integration allows you to configure alerts at the policy level and also at the integration level.
When you configure alert settings at the integration level, the alert settings are applicable to all the policies, created for the Nightfall for Zendesk integration. However, when you configure alert settings specifically for a policy, created in the Zendesk integration, the alert settings are applicable only for the specific policy.
You can configure alerts at the integration level once you have installed the Nightfall for Zendesk integration.
To configure alerts at the integration level:
- 1.Navigate to the Nightfall for Zendesk integration.
- 2.Scroll down to the Alerting section.
- 3.Nightfall provides you with the following alert methods.
- 4.Slack: Enter the name of the Slack channel to which the violation notifications from this integration must be directed and click Save.
- 5.Email: Enter the Email ID of the recipient to whom the violation notification must be sent and click Save.
- 6.Webhook: Enter the Webhook URL and HTTP headers
- 7.JIRA: Select the JIRA project, issue type, enter comments, and click Save Changes.
You can configure the alerts at the policy level while creating a policy. Alerts configured at the policy level are applicable only to the specific policy.
To configure alerts at the policy level:
- 1.Navigate to the Policies page.
- 2.Click + New Policy.
- 3.Select the Zendesk widget.
- 4.Configure the Scope and Detection sections of the Policy by referring to previous documents.
- 5.Nightfall provides you with four alert methods.
- Slack: Select the Slack channel from the drop-down menu. All violations arising out of this policy are directed towards the selected Slack channel.
- JIRA: Select the JIRA project, issue type, and enter comments (if any).
- Email: Enter the Email ID of the recipient to whom the violation notification must be sent
- Webhook: Enter the Webhook URL and HTTP headers.