SOC 2 Compliance
Learn more about SOC 2 compliance and how Nightfall helps with it.
Many companies seek to become SOC 2 compliant to showcase their strong security practices for safeguarding their company’s and their customer’s data.
During SOC 2 compliance audit periods, auditors review that security controls are in place, triggered, and responded to appropriately to assess the strength of an organization’s security posture. Auditors generally look for a number of controls, including the following:
- Information security practices that are documented & managed on an ongoing basis
- Data classification policies and protocols that detail the security and handling of customer data
Nightfall’s Customer Success team specializes in helping you leverage the platform to meet your compliance needs successfully.
- 1.Configure detection rules that detect sensitive data your business handles. Select from common templates in our library for out of the box coverage.
- 2.Enable real-time monitoring on business applications that house sensitive data such as Slack, Google Drive, Confluence, Jira, and GitHub.
- 3.Implement manual or automated workflows and processes to remediate any findings.
- 4.Run historical scans to search for sensitive data that exists in data silos today.
- 5.Visualize historical scan results in a custom Nightfall dashboard.
- 6.Engage Nightfall’s Managed Services team to facilitate bulk remediation of sensitive data at rest in cloud silos.
- 7.Review and export scan results should they be required in the event of an audit.
The following table lists security practices and policies that companies should implement for a strong security posture. A data classification & protection platform like Nightfall can help companies enforce and manage these controls.