Installing Nightfall for Zendesk
Learn the installation steps that apply for all versions of Nightfall for Zendesk
1. Click Begin Setup to start the simple installation flow via Nightfall
- 2.Nightfall for Zendesk support both sandbox and production instances. Please select the one applicable to your setup. In this example, we will be onboarding a production instance.
- 3.Click continue once you have selected your instance type.
- 4.Type in your Zendesk subdomain or Instance name in the text field. In this example, we added a-healthhelp. Select Connect to Zendesk when completed. This will navigate to the Zendesk sign-in page where we recommend the service account with full admin privileges is used.
- 5.Select 'Switch to agent sign-in' (if applicable), then proceed to add the email and password associated with either a service account (Recommended) or a user account that has full Zendesk admin privileges.
- 6.You will be navigated to an authentication page with more information on how Nightfall and Zendesk will establish a secure connection. Please click Allow to continue
- 7.Once you select Allow, you will be navigated back to Nightfall and be prompted to install the Nightfall DLP Zendesk Marketplace app.
- Note: Authentication and App installation for Zendesk are two independent steps. Both need to be completed for the setup to be complete.
- 8.If you have already installed the app via the Zendesk Marketplace, you can go directly to Step 9. Click Install. In a new tab, you will be prompted to install the Nightfall DLP Zendesk marketplace app via the Zendesk Admin console.
- Optional: Add Role or Group restrictions which will limit who can remove or add the applications from Zendesk.
- 9.Once the app installation is completed, go back to your original tab and the following screen 'Setup complete' should be shown. Click Finish
- 10.CongratulationsYou now have a fully set up instance of Zendesk connected with Nightfall!🎉
- 11.In Settings, ensure the Status and App Installed are 'Authorized' and 'Yes' with a green highlight. If a Zendesk instance becomes disconnected, you can use this settings page to monitor and reconfigure any connections as needed.
- 12.If you would like to add another instance of Zendesk, Click + Add Instance and repeat steps 1-10 above.