Comment on page
Configuring Integration Level Alerts
Learn how to set up alerts on Nightfall for Github
Nightfall sends alerts in real-time to the channels or platforms you configure. You can configure the following alerts:
- Slack Alerts
- Jira Tickets
The Nightfall for GitHub integration allows you to configure alerts at the policy level and also at the integration level.
When you configure alert settings at the integration level, the alert settings are applicable to all the policies, created for the Nightfall for Github integration. However, when you configure alert settings specifically for a policy, created in the GitHub integration, the alert settings are applicable only for the specific policy.
You can configure alerts at the integration level once you have installed the Nightfall for GitHub integration.
To configure alerts at the integration level:
- 1.Navigate to the Nightfall for Github integration.
- 2.Scroll down to the Alerting section.
- 3.Nightfall provides you with the following alert methods.
- Slack: Enter the name of the Slack channel to which the violation notifications from this integration must be directed and click Save.
- Email: Enter the Email ID of the recipient to whom the violation notification must be sent and click Save.
- Webhook: Enter the Webhook URL and HTTP headers
- JIRA: Select the JIRA project, issue type, enter comments, and click Save changes.